Vietnam Offering Opportunity
On June 9 we were privileged to have WELS World Missions Administrator Pastor Larry Schlomer give us information about the outreach opportunity our synod has in the country of Vietnam. Information has also been passed on through CTL and WELS publicity, such as in a recent WELS Connection and WELS Together newsletter. What an amazing opportunity to train Hmong pastors to serve the one hundred thousand people in their congregations. A number of you have provided additional offerings for this work. Others have asked how they might do so. One way to give an offering is to place a check in a white envelope, write “Vietnam Mission” on the outside, and place it in the offering plate on an upcoming Sunday — or send it to our church office in the mail (1650 N Brookfield Road, Brookfield, WI 53045). We will record your offering and send it to our WELS office. Another way to give an offering is to do so directly on the WELS website by clicking on this link: You may also go to that link to find our more information about the background of this mission effort.
July 4th Parade
Join us to march in the Brookfield 4th of July Parade. Meet in the Brookfield Central parking lot between 9 – 9:45am. Feel free to wear something red, white, & blue or a CTL shirt.
Annual Church Picnic – July 14th
Mark your calendars for July 14th from 12pm – 3pm for the Annual Church Picnic! New this year, we will be holding the picnic at the Mitchell Park Pavilion. The pavilion address is 19900 River Rd, Brookfield, WI 53045. There will be great food, fun activities (including a live band and a caricaturist!), and wonderful fellowship with other members. Feel free to bring your favorite lawn game! The main dish and beverages will be provided, but we are looking for volunteers to provide side dishes, chips, desserts, etc. See our signups for volunteers and food items. If you have any questions, please contact the church office.
VBS Registration Now Open
You are invited to join us at CTL on July 15th-18th for a special four-day journey with the Apostle Paul. See him face down angry mobs, hear of his imprisonment, and experience the earth-shaking moments that were part of his ministry to share Jesus with the world!
Please join us for this four day event! We will begin each day’s excursions at (9:00 am) and head home by (11:30 am.) There will be a closing service and light lunch Thursday the 18th at (11:45 am.) This program is for children age Prek3-6th grade.
To register your child, click here.
To sign up to volunteer or donate items, click here.
Vacation Bible School – July 15th-18th – Volunteers Needed
This year our VBS program takes us to Athens where we will learn about God’s work through the Apostle Paul. Each day participants will spend time following Paul who left a life of privilege and power to face angry mobs, painful imprisonment, and chain-breaking earthquakes – all to spread the good news about Jesus! This year’s VBS program is scheduled for July 15th-18th from 9:00 am-11:30 am. There will be a closing service and light lunch Thursday the 18th at 11:45 am. This program is for children age Prek3-6th grade.
- Decorating Setup – Come on Sunday, July 14th to help decorate our building with Athens-themed décor! We estimate this task will take two hours of your time.
- Prek Aide – These energy filled children need a little more supervision. Can you help our PreK teachers by being an extra pair of hands? If you’re available for each day of VBS, we would ask that you be here from 9:00 am – 11:30 am.
- Craft Aide – Craft time is one of the highlights of our VBS program; it is also requires a little extra attention. Can you spare a few hours to help children do crafts? Whether you’re crafty or not, we would appreciate your help. Craft volunteers would be asked to be at CTL from 9:30 am – 11:00 am.
- Snack Aide – Kids get hungry. We have food. What we don’t have is you! If you can help prepare special themed snacks for VBS sign up on the church bulletin board. Snack aides would be asked to be at CTL from 9:15 am – 11:15 am.
- Olympic Games Aide – This is the granddaddy of them all. The big show. The big game. Will you help our fearless game coordinator keep track of this year’s Olympic games? We hope you will! Game aides are asked to be at CTL from 9:30 am to 11:15 am.
- Crew Leaders – How do we get kids from point A to point B? We won’t if you don’t help us. Sign up to be a crew leader who will lead crews of 5-6 children to each station during VBS time. Can you be a fearless “Crew Leader?” As Bob the Builder once said – and this is completely out of context – “Yes, we can!” Crew Leaders will be asked to be at CTL from 8:45 am – 11:30 am.
- Want to volunteer in some other way? We will need donations of items, food, game materials, and much more. Look for lists of items needed in the near future.
All volunteers are invited to a “Thank You” volunteer lunch on Wednesday, July 17th starting around the noon hour.
Please sign up to volunteer on the bulletin board in the church hallway!
Summer Home Group Bible Study Session
Our home group Bible studies / fellowship gatherings will soon start up for the summer. We’ll be focusing on the Old Testament lessons in our summer worship series. They’re sure to provide good, Christian conversation material for our groups. We’ll begin, however, with a session that discusses the joy of knowing God’s promises to us. Groups will meet during the weeks of June 9 & 23, July 7 & 21. They may enjoy summer grilling or just gather with snacks. As always, a variety of days/times will be offered. If you’re new to CTL or a long-time member, this is a great way to get to know other families and make some connections. Join us for the summer! Sign up today on the sheets in the hallway near the restrooms. More groups will be added soon.
Bulletins Now Available Online
If you find yourself unable to attend church on a particular Sunday, you may already know we live stream our services and archive past services on our church website so you can watch with over the internet. We now also have the liturgy from our weekly bulletins available to download. Please click here, or the “Watch Now” link on the homepage to check out this new feature.
Adopt-a-Highway Cleanup Opportunities
All are invited to join our Highway Clean Up Crew for one or more of our upcoming community road clean-up projects of 2019. The remaining dates scheduled are:
- Saturday, June 22, 2019
- Saturday, August 10, 2019
We meet at 9:00 am. in the first parking lot north of Memory Lane at 3330 N. Springdale Road. Our portion is the stretch between North Ave. and Capitol along Springdale Road. Join us for about sixty to ninety minutes of fresh air and community service. Please sign up here.
2019-2020 School Registration Information
Christ the Lord Lutheran School is now accepting registrations for PreK3 – 8th Grade for the 2019-2020 School Year. Please visit our School Registration page for more details.
Bible Information Class – New Session Beginning 4/9
We are beginning a new Bible information class session for prospective members and others who wish to go over the Bible’s teachings. This session will begin Tuesday, April 9, at 7:00 pm in the multi-purpose room. If you or someone you know is interested in learning about Jesus and the teachings of the Bible, please speak with one of the pastors.
CTL Men’s Softball
If you are interested in joining the men’s church softball team, please contact Dan Oldenburg. Games are played May to mid-August at Juneau field in Milwaukee.